Media tab includes various features that allow you to control your Mac media playback, display brightness, AirPlay and more.
Remote Control - Media
Just like with your Mac keyboard you can control volume and media playback in the apps that support it you can use media controls in the app to control your Mac.
If your Mac supports controlling display and keyboard backlight brightness using keyboard keys you can use the app to control those too.
Using those keys you can navigate between slides of your keynote presentation, jump between UI elements of the websites, and start and stop playback in most streaming apps or web services.
Using AirPlay controls you can select where you want to stream the audio from your Mac, or to what Apple TV you want to mirror your Mac display. Neat, right?
Remote Control also comes with multiple predefined control keypads for popular media apps and web services like: iTunes, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube, QuickTime Player, VLC, IINA, Kodi, Plex, Spotify, TIDAL, SoundCloud & Deezer.
If you don't see your favorite app or service don't worry - you can create your own custom control keypad as described bellow.
Create / Edit KeyPad
Remote Control for Mac provides keypad controls for many popular apps and streaming services, but it's impossible to cover everything. This is why the app allows you to create your own custom keypad for any app or website.
1. To create or edit existing keypad tap on Settings button under Media tab
2. To edit existing keypad tap on its row, to create a new one - tap the + button at the top
3. Edit existing buttons by tapping them. Add new by using +. Select functionality from the top row from: Menu, Keyboard, Script or Launch. Enter editing mode to edit layout.
4. In editing mode you can add rows or columns of button placeholders. And select multiple buttons by tapping them.
5. Select multiple buttons and merge them into one big button
6. Split big buttons into multiple small buttons
Reset KeyPads to default
If something gone wrong you can reset bundled keypads to default while preserving your custom made keypads.